Interview takes less then 30 minutes but the preparation and panic starts much before...so it is up to the parents whether they want to prepare the kids just to pass the interview or they wish to make the foundation strong. I myself have gone through this process and i realized that if
the basics are good the child will definitely do good. It is not the ABC that the schools are interested in because it is the schools that will teach them these. Following simple points will help you prepare your child for the interview i hope this will help many. This much is enough for the child to score good in the interview.
1. A well dressed and neat and clean child always gives a first good impression.
2. Second is to greet the teacher, teachers really appreciate this and this anyways is a good habit to greet the elders. So we as parents must try to build this habit as soon as we can.
3. Third will be a general communication where teacher can ask like...What's your name? or, How are you?.
4. Help your child learn 1 or 2 nursery rhymes like teddy bear or twinkle twinkle. Teachers usually don't ask for a specific poem but any poem that the child knows.
5. Animal soft toys are often shown to the kids for them to recognize the animal.
6. Sun, moon, stars or circle is also shown to recognize.
9. Toffees are given just to check whether they throw the wrapper in the dustbin or not.
10. They might ask your child to go and play with other kids just to see his/her interaction with other kids.
11. Blocks are also given sometimes to check motor skills and coordination.
12. Color identification and coloring worksheets are also given at time to check the coloring skills and recognition of basic colors.
13. Lastly i would say is the general behavior of the child because some kids are extremely naughty and some keeps on crying and it becomes difficult and little embarrassing for the parents. For these kids i believe that they should not be told where they are going to...because instantly they do much better than expected and can even surprise you.
Learn identification of colors for nursery interview,
Ten best nursery rhymes for Nursery Interview,
Click here to check the latest Noida nursery admission updates for the academic session 2015-2016,